Brain Tumor Treatment in Homestead, FL
Brain tumors are the medical term for abnormal growths in the brain. There are many different types of brain tumors and an equal number of causes for these issues. Regardless of the type of tumor, these issues are very serious and potentially life threatening.
A brain tumor can be addressed with neurosurgery and other options. Request more brain tumor information today: Call (561) 623-9344 or contact Advanced Medical Therapeutics LLC online.
Brain Tumor Symptoms
Some tumors are malignant, meaning that they are cancerous. Other brain tumors are benign, meaning they carry no cancer cells. Regardless of the presence of cancers, all tumors have some common symptoms.
Brain tumor symptoms include:
- Frequent headaches
- Changes in personality
- Speech problems
- Difficulty balancing
- Vision problems
- Hearing issues
Most people suffering from a brain tumor notice more than one of the symptoms at once. If this is the case, medical attention may be required.
Brain Tumor Causes
There are many different factors that can cause a brain tumor. Generally, brain tumors are broken down into two distinct categories: those that originated in the brain (primary brain tumors) and those that spread to the brain via cancer (metastatic brain tumors).
- Primary brain tumors: Tumors that originate in the brain are caused by mutations in the DNA. There are many kinds of primary brain tumors, including ependymoma, medulloblastoma, meningioma and many others.
- Metastatic brain tumors: Cancerous brain tumors often form after another type of cancer is present in the body and has metastasized in the brain. The most common varieties of cancer are breast cancer , colon cancer, kidney cancer , lung cancer and skin cancer . In rare cases, a brain tumor may be the first sign of cancer to appear.
Certain risk factors also increase a person's likeliness of contracting a brain tumor. These factors can include exposure to radiation, family history and old age.
Brain Tumor Treatment
There are several ways that a brain tumor can be treated. Which method will be used depends on the size, type and location of the tumor, along with the individual patient's needs. Generally, brain tumor treatment will consist of one of the following options:
- Surgery: For tumors that are easily accessible, surgery is the most likely treatment option. Depending on the size and location of the tumor, it may be fully removed or partially taken out.
- Radiosurgery: This treatment essentially combines surgery and radiation therapy. Using highly focused beams of radiation, this treatment attacks the tumor at the source.
- Radiation therapy : This type of treatment uses powerful radiation to target and destroy tumor cells in the brain. Radiation therapy is most often used to treat cancerous tumors.
- Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy drugs, either taken orally or delivered through an IV are used to treat cancerous brain tumors.
Request More Information Today
A brain tumor can be a frightening diagnosis. Fortunately, they are treatable in many cases. Request more information about brain tumor treatment today: call (561) 623-9344 or contact Advanced Medical Therapeutics LLC online.
Advanced Medical Therapeutics LLC
Address6100 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33434
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tue: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wed: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thu: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Fri: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Areas We Service:Broward County, FL, Miami-Dade County, FL, Palm Beach County, FL, Aventura, FL, Davie, FL, Doral, FL, Sunny Isles, FL, Weston, FL, Coral Springs, FL, Deerfield Beach, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Hollywood, FL, Lighthouse Point, FL, Pembroke Pines, FL, Pompano Beach, FL, Sebastian, FL, Palm City, FL, Stuart, FL, Homestead, FL, Miami, FL, North Miami Beach, FL, Boynton Beach, FL, Jupiter, FL, Lake Worth, FL, Palm Beach, FL, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Wellington, FL, West Palm Beach, FL, Port Saint Lucie, FL